- Peel and chop carrots to desired size, I like them a bit chunky
- Dice onion, put aside in bowl
- Chop up larger mushrooms or leave button mushrooms whole
- Melt the butter in a large pan (or in your oven safe enamelware)
- Saute the onion in the melted butter until translucent
- Rinse the chicken and remove the giblets
- Place the chicken in the pot (here is where you can do your Swedish Chef imitation) and drizzle it with olive oil and then sprinkle sea salt on the skin
- Place the vegetables around the chicken in the pot
- Pour 2 cups of white wine in if you are so inclined. The alcohol will bake off before it is done.
- Stick everything in the oven at 350
- Melt some more butter for basting the chicken every 20 minutes or so.
The chicken is done when the juices run clear when you poke the joints with a fork or knife (probably about an hour and a half depending on the size of your chicken.)