This trip includes a plane trip to Texas (need accompanying amusement), a trip to my dad’s, mini road trip to my grandmother’s, actual road trip across the state to my other grandmother’s (if you do the travel math its easier and cheaper to drive) where I meet up with mom being her own airline and then return trip home.
So there are some things I am taking that I wouldn’t necessarily need for something like the Green Bay excursion or a Kailua-Kona foray.
- eBags Weekender Convertible (+ REI duffle* in case of extra stuff.)
- EBay sweater find (I don’t have a nickname for this sweater yet…though I have been calling it "new sweater" which after the other weekend at Target, it really ain’t)
- purple long sleeve shirt
- white long sleeve shirt
- sage long sleeve shirt
- black vneck merino wool sweater
- black long sleeve shirt
- khaki zip off pants (pants/shorts)
- yoga pants
- layering shirt
- hoodie I got in Monterey last weekend
- pink/orange plaid jammie pants to go with Monterey hoodie
- socks and undies
- Mary Jane Crocs
- miscellaneous goops and oinkments
- PSP + cards (I use this for Skype and movie watching)
- Nano + radio broadcast-y
- Solio (this covers all of my recharging needs, though I do take my PSP wall charger for convenience.)
- Treo + keyboard + headset
- camera + charger
- collapsible ice cooler (great for hotels and beach trips… or in this case road trips so you don’t feel guilty about buying one and getting rid of it.)
- Various CD’s and DVD’s of computer files and music since I am not taking a computer but will have access to several.
- Granite Gear shopping bag, Method Plastic Bag Rehab
*The REI duffle is what I used to pack my backpack in on the plane ride out for the AT and it is checkable. The EBags weekender I would prefer not to check so if I bring extra stuff home, as I always end up doing when I visit family, I can just put everything into the big REI one and check it without having to worry about it being scuffed or manhandled.
They are pretty militant about 2 carry-on things now and I know myself about having to carry and manoevre things on the plane… I get too crabby to deal with it.